From 19 June patients and visitors will no longer be permitted to smoke anywhere in our hospital and community premises. At Guy's and St Thomas' we have a team of stop smoking advisers working with inpatients, outpatients and in the community to provide excellent evidence-based support to smokers to help them quit.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ decision to go smoke-free is in line with National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance issued in 2013, which recommends that all hospital sites should be smoke-free. It will also apply to e-cigarettes. Our dedicated stop smoking service has hospital and community based clinics. We provide free stop smoking advice and support to help patients stop smoking for good.
What do we offer?
- Trained advisers to help patients decide when’s the best time to stop and how to succeed
- Regular sessions to help and support patients to quit
- A choice of medications to suit patient level of smoking and preference, available free or on prescription
- Carbon monoxide tests to keep patients motivated by showing reduced carbon monoxide blood levels quitting.
How to make a referral:
We accept referrals from GPs, community services and other health professionals. Patients can also self-refer.
- Southwark community stop smoking service
Referrals accepted for people who live, work or study in Southwark
Tel: 0800 169 6002 or 020 3049 8550
- Lambeth community stop smoking service
Referrals accepted for people who live, work or study in Lambeth
Tel: 0800 856 3409 or 020 3049 5791
- Hospital based stop smoking service
Referrals accepted for inpatients and outpatients at Guy's and St Thomas'.
Tel: 020 7188 0995