SAGE & THYME - a free 3 hour workshop on recognising and managing distress
Psychological distress is common among patients, their families and their carers. Effective communication is widely regarded as being a key factor in determining a patient’s satisfaction, compliance with treatment and recovery.
SAGE & THYME was developed to teach the core skills of dealing with people in distress.
This free course helps healthcare professionals to:
• Recognise psychological distress
• Empower patient and carers who are worried or distressed
• Avoid causing psychological harm
• Communicate honestly and compassionately
• Know when they have reached the boundary of their competence.
For dates in 2015 click here
For further information on venues and to book a place email: Eileen.Mcnamara@gstt.nhs.uk / email@example.com or phone 020 7188 7549