Admission Avoidance is an inter-professional, two-day course for healthcare practitioners working in primary and community care services. It offers the chance to practise, in a safe environment, the real-life skills needed to communicate and care for potential deteriorating residents in a residential care setting.
This programme combines the use of low and high fidelity simulation techniques and medical actors to explore how to safely care for residents avoiding unnecessary hospital admissions. Topics will include:
- ‘Hands-on’ experience using ageing suits.
- Workshops and high-fidelity simulations based on typical clinical scenarios in the residential care home setting.
- Performing a structured approach to the unwell resident.
- Exploring communication with residents, relatives and professionals.
- Understanding aspects of admission avoidance & special circumstances around transfer.
Date: 19 March
Cost: Free to eligible attendees
The Simulation and Interactive
Learning (SaIL) Centre
1st Floor, St Thomas' House
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH
For further details and an application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0207188 7188 ext 52065