Family nurse partnership helps teenage parents
We provide a family nurse partnership (FNP) parenting programme for first time teenage parents. The programme supports parents with:
- Pregnancy outcomes, so that babies have the best start in life
- The child’s health and development, by improving parenting knowledge and skills
- Parents’ economic self sufficiency, by helping them to achieve their aspirations (such as employment or returning to education).
The programme is delivered by our highly trained and specialist family nurses. It consists of home visits that start at pregnancy and continue until the children are two years old.
In order to achieve the best possible outcome, family nurses need to start working with teenagers as early as possible, ideally at 16 weeks gestation.
We accept referrals for pregnant women who are:
- 19 or under at conception.
- Having their first baby
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant
- Living in Lambeth/Southwark or registered with a GP in Lambeth/Southwark
- Looked After by Lambeth/Southwark Local Authority (dependent on location of placement).
Download the Lambeth referral form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0203 049 4077 fax 020 3049 5367
Download the Southwark referral form and email it to: email@example.com Tel: 0207138 7840 fax 020 3049 8182
For more information visit www.fnp.co.uk.